Effective date: May 24th 2023
We collect, use, and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are subject to various laws in the United States and the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom), and we are responsible as “controller” of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
- Key Terms. It would be helpful to start by explaining some key terms used in this policy:
We, us, our
Kim Roach Collective
Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual
- Personal Information We Collect About You. We may collect and use the following personal information:
Categories of Personal Information
Specific Types of Personal Information Collected
Identifiers (e.g., a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers)
Name, Age, Email, Phone Number, Address, Gender
This personal information is required to provide services to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing services to you.
- How Your Personal Information is Collected. We collect most of this personal information directly from you—in person, by telephone, text, email and/or via our website/apps. However, we may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources;
- From a third party with your consent (e.g., your bank);
- From cookies on our website; and
- Via our IT systems.
- How and Why We Use Your Personal Information. Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.,:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
- Promotional Communications. We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our services, including exclusive offers, promotions or new products/services.
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal information for promotional purposes (see above “How and why we use your personal information”). This means we do not usually need your consent to send you promotional communications. However, where consent is needed, we will ask for this consent separately and clearly.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by contacting us (see contact details below)
- Who We Share Your Personal Information With. We routinely share personal information with:
- Service providers we use to help deliver our services to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses and delivery companies;
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business, such as marketing agencies or website hosts; and
- Third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers.
We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a restructuring. We will typically anonymize information, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
- No Sale of Personal Information. We have not sold or disclosed to a third party any personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
- How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept. We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or while we are providing services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To show that we treated you fairly; or
- To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information.
- Transferring Your Personal Information Out of the EEA. To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
These transfers are subject to special rules under European and UK data protection law.
If you would like further information, please contact us.
- Your Rights Under the GDPR.
Right to Access
The right to be provided with a copy of your personal information (the right of access)
Right to Rectification
The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information
Right to be Forgotten
The right to require us to delete your personal information—in certain situations
Right to Restriction of Processing
The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances, e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data
Right to Data Portability
The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party—in certain situations
Right to Object
The right to object:
⎯ at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
⎯ in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Right Not to be Subject to Automated Individual Decision-Making
The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Keeping Your Personal Information Secure. We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it.
- Changes to This Privacy Notice. This privacy notice was first authored on December 23, 2021. We may change this privacy notice from time to time–when we do, we will inform you via updating the website.